Near the beginning of Hansen’s book he offers this helpful bit of wisdom from Dave Podnar. I don’t know who Dave Podnar is, but I want to thank him for saving me from needing a checkup with my shrink!
1. Denial – It’s Simple Object Access Protocol, right?
2. Over Involvement – OK, I’ll read the SOAP, WSDL, WS-I BP, JAX-RPC, SAAJ, JAX-P,… specs. Next, I’ll check the Wiki and finally follow an example showing service and client sides.
3. Anger – I can’t believe those #$%&*@s made it so difficult!
4. Guilt – Everyone is using Web Services, it must be me, I must be missing something.
5. Acceptance – It is what it is, Web Services aren’t simple or easy.